The deputy stopped to find out what was going on and the woman informed him that a male acquaintance had raided her refrigerator. According to the woman, the man and several other friends were at her apartment the day before "laughing, having a good time." That morning, when the woman looked inside her refrigerator she noticed an $18 ham and a dozen eggs were missing. The woman said the man is the only person she could think of who would have taken her food since he is "constantly in her kitchen eating snacks, walking in and out of her residence."
After speaking with the woman, the deputy asked the man for his side of the story. The man denied taking the ham and eggs, but said the woman did give him chicken, canned goods and dressing to cook for Christmas.
The deputy advised the woman he would take a report to document the incident, but that she would have to contact Winder Police to report the alleged theft since it occurred within the city limits.
Want to be notified each time a new fire or crime story is posted? Go to the Barrow Patch police and fire page and click on "Get email updates." Have a crime or public safety alert to share with the community? Post a crime alert.
- Man With a 'Numb' Look, Droopy Eyes Claims to Be Having 'Some Kind of Mental Break'
- Barrow Mugshots: Aggravated Sexual Battery, Tampering With Evidence and Other Charges
- Jeep With 'Severely Mangled' Front End Found Crashed Into Retaining Wall
- High-Speed Pursuit Ends in Arrest of Suspected Drunk Driver
- Winder Resident Accused of Making and Selling Fake Documents
- Barricaded Suspect Apprehended by Barrow Sheriff's S.W.A.T. Unit