On Jan. 18, deputies were dispatched to a burglary in progress call in the 700 block of Highway 211. While enroute to the house, deputies were advised two white males had been seen carrying a television in the area. The males -- later identified as 19-year-old Joshua Simmons and 18-year-old Samuel Brock, both from Winder -- were confronted by a neighbor.
"When Simmons and Brock were confronted by an observant neighbor they dropped the television and fled into the woodline," Sgt. Ryan Sears of the BCSO said in a released statement. "Deputies arrived on scene and quickly apprehended the two suspects in an open field near the crime scene."
Other deputies went to the scene of the crime where they found the victim suffering from an unspecified medical emergency. Deputies rendered aid to the victim until paramedics arrived.
Simmons and Brock are facing charges of burglary, theft by taking, criminal trespass, obstruction and possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime. Both remain jailed at the Barrow County Detention Center.
- Armed Robbers Strike Again at Winder Highway Shell Station
- Armed Robbery Suspects Accused of Stealing $12K in Merchandise Are in Custody
- Man Shouts Profanity at Police, Lands in Jail for Second Time in Less Than 24 Hours
- Barrow Fugitive Crashes Into Two Patrol Vehicles While Attempting to Escape New York State Police
- Burglar Caught Raiding 'Beer Fridge'
Be the first to read the latest Barrow County crime news. Go to our Barrow Patch crime page and click on "Get email updates" to receive an email notification each time a new crime story is posted.
Click here for more Barrow County crime news.