A Belk sales associate said the three shoplifters -- one man and two women -- fled the store with five Michael Kors purses valued at a total of $1,550. According to the Barrow County Sheriff's Office incident report, a witness spotted the three individuals running across the parking lot and leaving the scene in a black Nissan.
No details regarding how the theft occurred were listed in the report. The store does have video surveillance of the incident, but the footage was not available for review at the time the report was taken.
The male suspect is described as a light-skinned black male, approximately 5-foot-6 with a tattoo on the right side of his neck. The male was reportedly in his mid-30s with a slender build and was wearing a white sweatsuit at the time of the incident. The tattoo was described as red and blue with a black outline.
Another suspect was described as being a black female in her mid- to late 20s, approximately 5-foot-7 and weighing roughly 170 pounds. The female was wearing gray sweatpants and a dark shirt. The sales associate said the female had one tattoo on the right side of her body around the rib cage and another tattoo on her right forearm.
The third suspect was described as a black female approximately 30 years of age, 5-foot-6, and weighing an estimated 160 pounds.
The case is listed as active.
- Shot in the Buttocks: Man Says Daughter's Boyfriend Fired BB Gun at Him
- Woman Claims Man Stole Ham, Dozen Eggs
- Man With a 'Numb' Look, Droopy Eyes Claims to Be Having 'Some Kind of Mental Break'
- Barrow Mugshots: Aggravated Sexual Battery, Tampering With Evidence and Other Charges
- Jeep With 'Severely Mangled' Front End Found Crashed Into Retaining Wall
- High-Speed Pursuit Ends in Arrest of Suspected Drunk Driver