.

Early Morning Fire Displaces Auburn Family

No one was injured but the house suffered extensive damage.

The Red Cross was called to assist three adults and three children after an early morning fire heavily damaged an Auburn home.

Fire crews were dispatched to a house in the 2000 block of Blackberry Lane in Auburn at 3:36 a.m. after one of the residents reported the home was on fire. When firefighters arrived eight minutes later, the family was already outside the residence.

"On arrival, crews found heavy fire involvement through the roof," Lt. Colin Rhoden, Gwinnett Fire and Emergency Services public information officer, said in a news release. "Fire attack lines were laid and an aggressive interior attack was made." 

According to the GCFES press release, the fire caused heavy damage to the interior of the home. Fire investigators believe the blaze was accidental and may have originated from an electrical outlet.

Subscribe to Barrow Patch’s newsletters, follow us on Twitter and “like” us on Facebook

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »