UPDATE: According to recent booking information provided by the Barrow County Detention Center, Willie Stancil Etheridge, 37, has been charged with 29 counts of sexual exploitation of children.
A Barrow County firefighter has been fired after he was arrested Thursday, Dec. 6, and now faces charges of sexual exploitation of children and obscene Internet contact with a child, according to a report by the Barrow Journal.
According to the Barrow County Sheriff's Office booking information, Willie Stancil Etheridge, 37, of 813 Lodgeview Drive in Winder, was arrested Dec. 6. He has been charged with 10 counts of sexual exploitation of children and one count of obscene Internet contact with a child.
The Barrow Journal reports Etheridge was a nine-year veteran of Barrow County Emergency Services and Chief Dennis Merrifield confirmed his employment was terminated following his arrest. Sheriff Jud Smith told the Barrow Journal that GBI agents who regularly monitor child-porn websites assisted in the investigation.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Truck Believed to Have Been Used in ATM Theft Recovered
- Twins Accused of Burying Body in Winder Backyard Arraigned in Florida Court
- Sheriff's Office Releases Additional Photos of Suspects in Bethlehem Dollar General Armed Robbery
- Barrow Docket Book for Nov. 30-Dec. 2
- Department of Natural Resources' Weekly Law Enforcement Report for Nov. 18-24 Includes Two Barrow Incidents