One of the suspects, 30-year-old Raymond Smith of Monroe, allegedly participated in the planning of the robbery, but did not enter the store during the robbery. Smith was taken into custody on Jan. 8 after fleeing from New York State Police and later crashing into a patrol car. Smith is being held in the Orange County Jail in New York. Extradition is pending.
The other suspect, Timothy Headley, age 24, is accused of threatening to shoot the store clerk before leaving the store with more than $12,000 worth of merchandise. Headley was arrested on Dec. 18 by Barrow County Sheriff's officials at his residence in Conyers. Headley remains jailed in Barrow County on charges of false imprisonment, possession of a firearm during the commission of a crime, terroristic threats, and armed robbery.
Click here for more Barrow County crime news.
- Man Shouts Profanity at Police, Lands in Jail for Second Time in Less Than 24 Hours
- Barrow Fugitive Crashes Into Two Patrol Vehicles While Attempting to Escape New York State Police
- Burglar Caught Raiding 'Beer Fridge'
- Gunshot Gone Wild: Accidental Discharge Damages Two Homes
- Dealt a Bad Hand: Winder Woman Discovers Phone Missing After Dacula Poker Game
- Pistol-Toting Woman Found Rolling on the Ground Outside Barrow Restaurant
Be the first to read the latest Barrow County crime news. Go to our Barrow Patch crime page and click on "Get email updates" to receive an email notification each time a new crime story is posted.