Mail Santa Claus a Wish List, Get a Reply from North Pole

Thanks to a very special U.S. Postal Service program, Santa Claus will reply to children who mail him their Christmas wish lists this holiday season.

Every year, millions of children sit down to make a wish list for Santa, hoping he will make all of their Christmas dreams come true.

But what if Santa actually wrote back?

The United States Postal Service is now accepting "Letters From Santa," a program that allows any person to play Santa by sending a letter signed by Saint Nick to any child.

According to a postal service news release, "The 'Letters From Santa' program helps parents fulfill the dreams of their own children."

Instructions to send a letter from Santa:

  1. Write a letter to your child from Santa Claus and sign it "From Santa." Put the letter in an envelope addressed to your child with the return address SANTA, NORTH POLE.
  2. Ensure a First-Class Mail stamp is affixed to the envelope.
  3. Place the envelope into a larger envelope, with appropriate postage, and address the larger envelope to:
    4141 POSTMARK DR
    ANCHORAGE AK 99530-9998
  4. Your letter “from Santa” will be mailed back to your child, postmarked from the North Pole.
  5. “Letters From Santa” must be mailed to the Anchorage, AK postmaster by no later than Dec. 10. Santa’s helpers in Anchorage will take care of the rest.

In Gwinnett, letters to Santa can be dropped off at any post office location. Find a post office close to you by clicking here.

TELL US: Do your children or children in your family plan on writing a letter to Santa this year?

Jeane Do December 06, 2012 at 03:31 AM
Dear Santa, What would I do to make life better? The past years I am not a good mother, I work so hard, but still struggling in financial, here's a thing my son's birthday on the 12-15 and my mom 12-31 also in front of me is christmas, can u tell me how to explain to them if I can't afford to what they want. Cause if I make them happy, then I don't have enough for the rent and electrical bills. So Please help me how to face this. Thank you
Crystal Huskey December 06, 2012 at 03:37 AM
Jeane, Contact the Southeast Gwinnett Coop at (770)985-5229. They help families with Christmas presents for their children in the Snellville area. There are other programs like that in other parts of the state. Good luck!


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »