Often referred to as the “Big White Church” around these parts, this weekend will be surrounded by a sea of pastel colored Easter eggs just begging to be “hunted”.
At 3:30 p.m. Saturday, April 7, the church plays host to its annual Easter egg hunt on the front lawn, complete with games, storytelling, crafts, snacks, face painting and — of course — an Easter egg hunt.
On Sunday, April 8, the church will hold a number of different Easter services, including:
- 6:30 a.m. — Sunrise service on the front porch
- 8:30 a.m. — Holy Communion service in the chapel
- 9:30 a.m. — Contemporary Easter service in the worship senter
- 11 a.m. — Children’s church in Room 111
- 11 a.m. — The Edge in the worship center
- 11 a.m. — Traditional worship service in the sanctuary
The church is accepting donations of individually-wrapped candy — no chocolate, please — for the Easter egg hunt. If you’d like to volunteer to help with activities, make a donation to the cause or wish to learn more about this event, call 770-235-7998. If you’re not currently a member of the church but would like to inquire about joining, call the church office at 770-867-3727 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
If your family observed Easter, what are some of your favorite holiday memories growing up? Tell us in comments.
Check back every Tuesday for a new City Spotlight on one of two great Barrow County towns — Bethlehem and Carl.