Looking for tax professional in Barrow County? Click here to access the Barrow Patch Directory for businesses offering financial services.
DailyFinance has asked Certified Public Accountant Gary Craig to outline some of the most common tax mistakes to help taxpayers avoid making them.
Click here to read the full story, and here's an overview of the mistakes you could be making:
- Shopping for the highest refund
- Failing to make sure the tax preparer signs the return
- Unreimbursed business expenses
- Real estate deductions
- Value of a donated car
- Home office deductions
- Traditional IRA deductions
- Life changes
- Settling for a CPA or tax preparer that goes through the motions
You might also be interested in reading:
- Taxpayers are Already Asking 'Where's My Refund?'
- Timely Tax Advice: Signs Your Tax Preparer is the Wrong Person for the Job
- Protect Yourself from Scammers Who Want Your Tax Return
- 2013 Federal Tax Rates and Standard Deductions Announced