Feb. 22 celebrates a mixed drink made with tequila, lime or lemon juice and an orange-flavored liquer that's typically served in a glass rimmed with salt. Hello, maragarita!
In celebration of National Margarita Day, Patch has rounded up a couple lists of margarita recipes, including low-calorie drinks, a French margarita and a host of berry-flavored takes on the classic cocktail.
- Top 15 margarita recipes from Cooking Channel
- 49, that's right FORTY-NINE, margarita recipes from Mix That Drink
- Low-calorie drinks from Health.com
Interested in having someone else make your drink? Here are a couple local places that serve up margaritas:
- El Centinela Mexican Restaurant in Winder
- El Real Authentic Mexican Grill in Bethlehem
- Ruby Tuesday in Winder
Also consider checking out Mistico Mex Mex Bar & Grill in Winder. The restaurant has opened in the former La Luna location along Loganville Highway.