From Oct. 14 through 20, county communication officers received a total of 3,464 calls into the communication center, with 1,077 calls through the 911 lines. This resulted in the communication center dispatching a total of 1,210 incidents to the county's public safety departments.
Firefighters with Barrow County Emergency Services were dispatched to 158 fire and EMS incidents, which included the following:
- At 8:31 a.m. Oct. 16, Engine 7, Med 7 and Battalion 1 were dispatched to a motor vehicle collision at Ga. Highway 316 and Loganville Highway. Firefighters found two vehicles involved and shut down one westbound lane temporarily as they loaded one patient for transport the an area hospital for evaluation.
- At 8:36 a.m. Oct. 19, Engine 7 and Med 7 were dispatched to 916 Loganville Highway after communications officers received a 911 call reporting the smell of gas inside one of the stores. Firefighters responded to the incident and checked the building and no gas odor was found.
- At 4:14 p.m. Oct. 19, communication officers dispatched Engine 7, Med 7, Engine 3 and Battalion 1 to a motor vehicle collision at the intersection of Kilcrease Road and Fred Kilcrease Road. First responders arrived to find one pick-up truck on its side and a Gwinnett County police car with front end damage. No patients were transported from the collision.
- At 6:03 p.m. Oct. 19, communication officers dispatched Engine 5, Med 5 and Battalion 1 to a motor vehicle collision. Upon arrival firefighters found a motorcycle that had left the roadway and one individual was transported to an area hospital.
- At 9:40 a.m. Oct. 20, Engine 3 was dispatched to the area of Tanners Bridge Road and Tanners Bridge Circle in reference to a possible illegal burn. When firefighters arrived they found an unattended fire in a utility right of way. Firefighters extinguished the fire. Several hours later crews were dispatched again to the same area and found two subjects burning more debris in the utility right of way. Deputies with the Barrow County Sheriff Office responded to the scene as it was an illegal burn.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Customer Walks Out of Store Without Paying for Chainsaw
- Barrow Docket Book for Oct. 15-18
- Give Burns the Boot Drive Kicks off Today in Barrow