Happy Friday! The weekend is almost here and to celebrate, Barrow Patch has rounded up some thought-provoking ideas and some weird facts for your amusement.
Ponder these questions:
- Why isn't phonetic spelled the way it sounds?
- Why are there flotation devices under plane seats instead of parachutes?
- Why do fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?
And now on to a couple interesting facts:
- The Nobel Peace Prize medal depicts three naked men with their hands on each others shoulders.
- Fortune cookies were actually invented in America, not China.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades — King David; Clubs — Alexander the Great; Hearts — Charlemagne and Diamonds — Julius Caesar.
Want more weirdness? Check out www.weirdfacts.com.