T.J.Maxx will begin the hiring process for employees to staff its at the end of this month.
The company will host a job fair Monday, June 25, and Tuesday, June 26, at the in Winder, and several positions are available.
Those who would like to attend the job fair must obtain a referral from the Georgia Department of Labor. Click the links below to request referrals for those positions.
- Cashier — Operates cash register to itemize and total customer's purchases. Reviews price sheets to note price changes and sale items. Records prices and departments, subtotals taxable items and totals purchases on cash register. Collects cash, check or charge payment from customer and makes change for cash transactions. Stocks shelves and marks prices on items. Counts money in cash drawer at beginning and end of work shift. Request a referral now. Enter 8032170 for the job number.
- Jewelry associate — Operates cash register to itemize and total customer's purchases. Displays and sells jewelry and watches. Advises customer on quality, cuts or value of jewelry and gems and in selecting mountings or settings for gems. Informs customer of various grades of watch movements and type of servicing offered by manufacturer. Request a referral by entering 8032173 for the job number.
- Salesroom associate — Receive, store, and issue sales floor merchandise. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers. May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise. Request a referral for this position. Enter 8032186 as the job number.
- Dressing room associate — Provide personal items to patrons or customers in locker rooms, dressing rooms, or coatrooms.Request a referral now by entering 8032171 as the job number.
- Backroom associates — Receive, store and issue sales floor merchandise. Stock shelves, racks, cases, bins, and tables with merchandise and arrange merchandise displays to attract customers. May periodically take physical count of stock or check and mark merchandise. Request a referral for this position by entering 8032177 as the job number.
The T.J.Maxx store — located between the and stores in suite 900 at Barrow Crossing — has been under construction for the past couple months. According to the company's website, the store is slated to hold its grand opening from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, Aug. 5.
Have you heard about Gateway Station, a planned 14,000-square-foot development part of the retail/commercial project at the northeast corner of Ga. highways 316 and 81? to read about it now.
Are you looking for a job? Follow Barrow Patch's Daily Dose for Job Seekers.