Michaels is now accepting applications for employment at its new store set to open beside PetSmart inside the Barrow Crossing shopping center.
While the Barrow County Planning Department says no official opening date has been announced, the company plans to begin stocking the store in the next couple weeks. The specialty retailer sells arts and crafts supplies, frames, floral arrangements, wall decor, scrapbooking supplies and other merchandise. Signs announcing the store is now hiring have gone up at the location and available jobs include the following:
- Cashier — Performs all cash register operations and related customer service duties. Monitors activities in the front of the store and secures Michaels assets including cash, checks, media and merchandise.
- Replenishment associate — Responsible for executing tasks in the areas of receiving, replenishment and merchandise presentation. Must be available to work scheduled early mornings, days, nights weekends and overnights.
- Sales associate — Assists the sales specialists in the efficient operation of the entire store through product knowledge and one-on-one interaction with customers. Duties include assisting customers to drive sales, upselling and suggesting products to customers using product knowledge and pricing, stocking and merchandise presentation tasks.
- Certified framer — Responsible for sales of custom framing and ready made frames, following and administering the work flow production system under the supervision of the framing manager. This position has responsibility for assisting the framing manager in planning the production of orders, placing material orders and maintenance of the frame shop as well as taking orders, providing customer service and the production of orders.
- Class instructor — Responsible for teaching classes according to the Michaels schedule. The instructor is responsible for creating an atmosphere of excitement and is accountable for creating displays to support class promotion, performing demonstrations, promoting appropriate merchandise during classes and generating repeat customers by providing detailed class instruction.
- Floral designer — Responsible for generating sales and achieving production goals by designing professional, top quality, creative floral arrangements and custom arrangements upon requests from customers. This position requires exceptional product knowledge, demonstrations and one-on-one interaction with customers. The floral designer is responsible for the creation and production of effective displays and for maintaining the floral counter area.
Openings are also available for department managers and include:
- Customer experience manager, events — Primarily focuses on customer engagement and is responsible for ensuringan exceptional level of customer service for each customer. Responsible for driving customer experience levels in the building by cultivating an atmosphere — “retailtainment” — that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
- Replenishment manager — Focuses primarily on the areas of receiving, replenishment and merchandise presentation. Ensures that customers find the store fully stocked and maintained at the highest level of presentation and that all planograms are set correctly in a timely manner.
- Customer experience manager, operations — Performs all office functions including recording, processing, verifying and maintaining records of financial transactions for the store as well as performing and/or supervising the receiving and price change functions. This position performs manager on duty coverage for days and weekends and carries a perimeter and POS management key.
- Framing manager — Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the store's framing department. Also responsible for understanding and executing Michaels framing programs, including the Work Flow Production System and for taking orders, providing exceptional customer service and the production of orders.
To apply for a job with Michaels, click here, then enter the zip code 30680, select 10 miles for the distance and click "Go." Select the "GA —Bethlehem — 1175" location and click next. On the next webpage you will find a list of positions. Select the job or jobs for which you would like to apply and click "Proceed to Registration," where you can complete an application and online assessment.
If you're looking for employment, follow Barrow Patch's Daily Dose for Job Seekers, which highlights job opportunities in Barrow County and the surrounding area.