A deal to bring a Longhorn Steakhouse to Barrow County is in the works but the company hasn't closed on the land purchase, Wayne Bartlett with Maynard and Bartlett Realty Group wrote in an e-mail to Barrow Patch.
Longhorn Steakhouses are one of several brands under the Darden family of restaurants, which includes Red Lobster, Olive Garden and Bahama Breeze.
If the restaurant opens, it will be part of Gateway Station off Ga. Highway 316, a planned 14,000-square-foot development. Bartlett confirmed Monday a Varsity restaurant will be built at the site. The location will be a "Varsity Junior" and similar in size to Chick-fil-A.
The planned development is set to feature a splash fountain similar to the one at Mall of Georgia and a clock tower.
What businesses would you like to see come to Barrow County? Tell us in comments.
You might also be interested in reading:
- New Restaurant Opens in Bethlehem
- Winder ALDI Store to Open Nov. 1
- Mayfield Dairy to Reopen Braselton Visitor Center
- Bethlehem Council Discusses Annexation
- City Administrator Outlines Winder's Reasons for Seeking to Expand Boundaries