The following movies are playing this Labor Day weekend at in Bethlehem. Once you've perused the descriptions, check out the trailers to the right of this text.
- "The Possession" — A family must unite to face unspeakable evil. Based on a true story, "The Possession" stars Natasha Calis, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Kyra Sedgwick. The movie is rated PG-13. Showing in the BigD Experience at 2:00, 4:30, 7:00 an 9:40.
- "Lawless" — Set in Depression-era Franklin County, Virginia, this is the true story of the infamous Bondurant Brothers: bootlegging siblings who made a run for the American Dream in Prohibition-era Virginia. In this epic outlaw tale, inspired by true-life tales of author Matt Bondurant's family in his novel "The Wettest County In The World", the loyalty of three brothers is put to the test against the backdrop of the nation's most notorious crime wave. This movie is rated R. Showing at 1:15, 4:15, 7:15 and 9:45.
- "The Oogieloves in the Big Balloon Adventure" — The Oogieloves, Goobie, Zoozie and Toofie, set out to find five magical balloons that will make their good friend Schluufy's surprise birthday party extra-special. Rated G. Showing at 1:15 and 4:00.
- "Premium Rush" — A routine, "premium rush" delivery turns into a life or death chase through the streets of Manhattan. The movie is rated PG-13 and stars Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Dania Ramirez. Showing at 1:30, 4:45, 7:30 and 10:00.
- "Hit and Run" — Former getaway driver Charlie Bronson jeopardizes his identity in the witness protection program to help his girlfriend get to Los Angeles, all the while being chased by the feds and Charlie's former gang. This film is rated R. The movie stars Dax Shepard, Kristen Bell and Bradley Cooper. Showing at 4:45 and 9:45.
- “The Expendables 2” — In this sequel to the 2010 film “The Expendables,” Barney Ross (Sylvester Stallone) leads his motley, muscle-bound crew on a simple job commissioned by Mr. Church (Bruce Willis). When things go wrong, Ross and the gang cut “a swath of destruction through opposing forces, wreaking havoc and shutting down an unexpected threat in the nick of time.” The movie is rated R and stars Sylvester Stallone, Liam Hemsworth and Randy Couture. Showing at 1:45, 4:30, 7:15, 7:30, 9:40 and 9:55.
- "ParaNorman" — A misunderstood boy, takes on ghosts, zombies and grown-ups to save his town from a centuries-old curse. Rated PG. Showing in 3D at 1:45 and 4:15.
- "Sparkle" — Set in the 1960s, three sisters form a girl group and soon become Motown sensations, but fame becomes a challenge as the close-knit family begins to fall apart. The movie stars former American Idol Jordin Sparks as musical prodigy Sparkle, with the late Whitney Houston portraying Sparkle's single mother. Rated PG-13. Showing at 6:45 and 9:30.
- "The Odd Life of Timothy Green" — A happily married couple who can’t wait to start a family but can only dream about what their child would be like bury a box in their backyard, containing all of their wishes for an infant. Soon, a child is born, though Timothy Green is not all that he appears. This film is rated PG. Showing at 2:00, 4:30, 7:00 and 9:40.
- "The Bourne Legacy" — An expansion of the universe from Robert Ludlum's novels, this film focuses on a new hero, Aaron Cross, whose stakes have been triggered by the events of the previous three films starring Matt Damon. Rated PG-13. Showing at 1:00 and 7:10.
- "The Campaign" — To gain influence over their North Carolina district, two CEOs seize an opportunity to oust long-term congressman Cam Brady by putting up a rival candidate, naive Marty Huggins, director of the local tourism center. The film stars Will Ferrell, Zach Galifianakis and Jason Sudeikis and is rated R. Showing at 1:15, 4:25, 7:30 and 9:35.
- "Hope Springs" — Meryl Streep and Tommy Lee Jones star in this film about a middle-aged couple who attend an intense, week-long counseling session to work on their relationship. The movie is rated PG-13. Showing at 1:00 and 7:00.
- "The Dark Knight Rises" — Christian Bale, reprises his role in Christopher Nolan's Dark Night trilogy as a new terrorist leader, Bane, overwhelms Gotham's finest, and the Dark Knight resurfaces to protect a city that has branded him an enemy. Rated PG-13. Showing at 3:50 and 10:00.
- "2016 Obama's America" — This documentary asks the question, "If Barack Obama wins a second term, where will we be in 2016?" This documentary is rated PG. Showing at 1:30, 4:05, 6:45 and 9:15.
- "Brave" — Determined to make her own path in life, Princess Merida defies a custom that brings chaos to her kingdom. Granted one wish, she must rely on her bravery and her archery skills to undo a beastly curse. Rated PG. Showing at 1:30 and 7:15.
- "Marvel's The Avengers" — Captain America, Thor, The Hulk and other super heroes team up to save the Earth. The movie is rated PG-13 and stars Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson. Showing at 4:00 and 9:30.
for Gateway Cinemas 12 theater information, including ticket prices.
Barrow Patch wants your movie reviews! Come back and tell us in comments the movie you saw, what you thought about it and how many stars out of five you would give the film.