According to Gill, more than 100 people attended the opening reception for "Piedmont Art" which was held in the Second Hand Rose building in downtown Statham.
Nearly 60 works of art were submitted for the juried show, of which 37 were chosen to be featured. Nancy Lukasiewicz, curator of exhibitions at Lyndon House Art Center, and Mary Padgelek, an art educator and mixed media artist, served as judges for the show.
Susan T. Pelham of Monroe was awarded best of show for her collage title "Haute Couture." Other award winners included:
- Richard Gnann IV of Winder - first place two-dimensional
- Luz Mia Rodriguez of Braselton - second place two-dimensional
- Bobbie Austin of Social Circle - first place three-dimensional
- Ellen Cowne of Colbert - second place two-dimensional
- Margaret Agner of Bogart, Carol Chalmers of Bogart, Twyla Germain of Winder, Kathleen Gill of Winder, Sheila Hughey of Commerce, Morgan Lytle of Hoschton, Perry McCrackin of Danielsville and Patricia Schumacher of Lawrenceville - honorable mentions
The show runs through Sept. 28 at the Second Hand Rose Gallery, located at 1906 Railroad Street in Statham. Admission to the show is free and the art displayed is available for purchase. For information about GPAC upcoming events and art instruction, please visit their web site – www.GeorgiaPiedmontArtsCenter.com.