The Servant's Heart Award recognizes young people who:
- Engage in the creation, organization, and /or mobilization of volunteers, groups and resources that are involved in projects benefiting the greater community.
- Demonstrate sustained commitment to meeting community needs.
- Utilize unique and creative approaches to meeting needs.
- Develop and foster the virtues and skills of civic engagement and social responsibility.
- Are enthusiastic about service.
- In what ways do their volunteer and community service efforts encompass “With a Servant’s Heart?”
- What impact have they had on their community?
- How has volunteerism changed their lives?
Barrow County Board of Commissioners
233 East Broad Street
Winder, GA 30680
All nominees will receive a letter of appreciation from Barrow County Board of Commissioners Chairman Pat Graham. The board will then select one nominee for the state Servant's Heart Award. From the statewide submissions, the Georgia Children's Cabinet will choose the one who best personifies "a Servant's Heart." Each county nominee will receive an award signed by Georgia First Lady Sandra Deal and will be entered in the state competition.