Your Week Ahead: Jan. 7-11, 2013
Take a look at what's happening this week in Barrow County, including students returning to school, Winder and Statham council meetings, a board of education meeting and more.
If you would like to see your event highlighted in Barrow Patch's "Your Week Ahead," be sure to add it to the Barrow Patch events calendar or post an announcement. You can then e-mail the link to the event listing or announcement to email@example.com. E-mail Barrow Patch Editor Deanna Allen at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Monday, Jan. 7
- Students attending Barrow County Schools return to class today after a long winter break. Click here to view the full 2012-13 student calendar for the Barrow County School System.
- The Winder City Council will meet for a work session at 6 p.m. today at the Winder Community Center. Council members will discuss agenda items that will come up for a vote during Tuesday's regular business meeting. View the work session agenda in a PDF to the right of this text. A public hearing at 5:30 p.m. will precede the work session. The Northeast Georgia Regional Commission, on behalf of the city of Winder, will hold a hearing on an urban redevelopment plan. Click here to read more.
Tuesday, Jan. 8
- Winder City Council members will hold a regular business meeting at 6 p.m. View the meeting agenda in a PDF to the right of this text.
- Members of the Barrow County Board of Education will meet at 7 p.m. at the Barrow County Schools Professional Development Center and Central Offices. View the meeting agenda in a PDF to the right of this text.
Wednesday, Jan. 9
- Get fit with Zumba at Studio One in Winder. The class starts at 5:30 p.m. Studio One is offering $10 unlimited classes for the month of January 2013. Check out the event listing in the Barrow Patch community calendar for more information.
Thursday, Jan. 10
- The Winder Library will host a Ready to Read Pre-K Story Time at 10:30 a.m. The events is free to attend.
- The Statham City Council will meet for a work session at 6:30 p.m. at Statham City Hall to discuss agenda items that could be voted on at its regular business meeting the following Tuesday, Jan. 15.
Friday, Jan. 11
- Still working on that resolution to get or stay fit? Check out these classes at Bethlehem First United Methodist Church — Insane Cardio at 9 a.m., Muscle Madness and Yoga, both at 10 a.m.
- Also check out Zumba with Marina at 7 p.m. at the Aikido School of Winder. Cost is $4 per class.