Winder Police Make Several Arrests on Outstanding Warrants and Traffic Stops
Read summaries of recent arrests within the city of Winder.
A summary of incident reports provided by the Winder Police Department:
- On Friday, Aug. 24, an officer arrested Jontize Giles, 21, of 1521 Peters Cemetery Road in Monroe, who was charged with probation violation.
- On Saturday, Aug. 25, Winder police obtained information on a individual with an outstanding warrant currently residing at a Harrison Lane address. The individual had an active warrant through the city of Winder for failing to appear on a citation. Two officers went to the address and placed Michele Diane Colburn, 41, under arrest before transporting her to the Barrow County Detention Center.
- An officer was traveling on King Street near Capitol Avenue on Saturday, Aug. 25, and ran the tag on a Ford Expedition. The tag returned as no longer being on the vehicle. When the officer stopped the vehicle, the driver said the tag was on a Tahoe he owned but the situation was already supposed to have been taken care of by the tag office. When the officer ran the driver's information through the Georgia Crime Information Center, the information returned with a suspended license for failure to appear. Michael Trephon Wingfield, 37, of 1502 Mary Collier Road in Athens, was placed under arrest and charged with driving on a suspended license and improperly transferred tag.
- On Monday, Aug. 27, an officer was performing a routine zone patrol on McNeal Road and observed a driver not wearing her seat belt. When the officer stopped the vehicle and ran the driver and two passengers' information, one returned with a warrant out of Fulton County on child support. Trey Wyatt, 39, of 17 Stovall St., 29 A, in Winder, was arrested and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center. The driver was told to wear her safety belt.
- An officer was on patrol on Monday, Aug. 27, and observed a Suburban traveling on Georgia Avenue weaving over the roadway. When the officer pulled over the vehicle and made contact with the driver, she said she did not have a driver's license and handed over an Oregon ID card. A licensed driver arrived and translated for the unlicensed driver, who said she was weaving sue to construction and debris in the roadway. The officer noted in an incident report that there was no construction on Georgia Avenue at the time. A passenger then got out of the vehicle and recorded the arrest on a cell phone as the driver said she was allowed to drive in the city of Winder with no license. Irma Guadalupe Isais Vazquez, 33, of 390 Tanners Bridge Road in Winder, was transported to the county detention center.
- When an officer pulled over a vehicle on Monday, Aug. 27, for playing music too loudly, the driver informed the officer he didn't have a license. Abel Gomez Martinez, 28, of 130 Whispering Way in Winder was placed under arrest and charged with driving while unlicensed and noise violation.
- A driver who turned his radio down upon seeing a marked patrol vehicle at a stop sign on East Wright and King Street was too late. The officer pulled over the vehicle and upon running the driver's information through the Georgia Crime Information Center it returned with an active probation warrant out of Hall County. Renardo Delando Hester, 42, of 151 E. Wright St. in Winder was placed under arrest and transported to the Barrow County Detention Center.
For questions about this blotter, e-mail email@example.com.