Weekend Home Fire Ignited by Hot Embers from Cigarette
A Carter Road residence suffered light smoke and fire damage as a result of the blaze.
At 12:12 a.m. Friday, March 15, communication officers with Barrow County Emergency Services received a 911 call reporting smoke coming from a home on Carter Road. Engine 4, Engine 5, Med 5 and Battalion 1 responded and found light smoke showing from the structure. Upon entry, firefighters found a fire in a closet area of the home. The fire was quickly extinguished and the home suffered light smoke and fire damage. The Fire Investigation Team determined the cause of the fire to be hot embers from a cigarette.