Undercover Sheriff's Office Operation Nets Prostitution Arrest
A New York resident is facing charges stemming from the recent operation.
A man is facing a prostitution charge following an undercover operation by the Barrow County Sheriff's Office.
According to an incident report, numerous text messages were exchanged to set up a meeting Nov. 15 at a local hotel to exchange money for marijuana and sexual acts. When a deputy with the Barrow County Crime Taskforce arrived at the hotel room, he was greeted by the suspect, who reportedly gave the deputy a bag of marijuana in exchange for $420. The suspect agreed to roll a "cigar" for the deputy and said he normally charged $150 but he had to pay for a ride and needed to be reimbursed for the drugs. When asked, the suspect told the deputy prostitution was how he made his living.
When the suspect was about to light the marijuana cigar, the deputy gave the takedown signal and the man was taken into custody.
Tamon Monte Olds of 1907 Pacific St., Brooklyn, N.Y., was arrested and charged with prostitution, purchase, possession, manufacture, distribution or sale of marijuana and possession of marijuana less than 1 ounce.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Barrow Docket Book for Nov. 12-15
- Twins Accused of Burying Body in Winder Backyard Extradited to Florida
- Hams Valued at $1,440 Reported Stolen from Athens Residence and Other Strange Police News
- Winder Police: Woman Who Tossed Marijuana Wanted to Return Her Mother's Car Prior to Arrest
- Man Sentenced after Pleading Guilty to Charges Stemming from Undercover Teen Sex Sting