Man Says He Hid from Police to Finish Beer
The Winder resident was arrested July 22 and charged with loitering and prowling.
A man who hid from a Winder police officer recently said he wanted to finish his beer before being arrested.
Christopher Edward Schaa, 21, of 206 Deer Run Drive in Winder, was arrested July 22, 2012, and charged with loitering and prowling after the Winder Police Department received a report of a white male panhandling in the parking lot of a gas station at 56 S. Broad St.
When an officer arrived, a witness reported seeing the suspect run behind the store and the officer followed, observing a pair of sneakers under the rear area of a Comcast van. According to an incident report, the officer announced his presence and watched the suspect chug a large beer. When the officer asked the man why he hid, the man stated he knew he would be arrested and went behind the building to finish his beer.
Schaa was transported to the Barrow County Detention Center and released.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Woman's Escape from Police Foiled by Pile of Wood
- Hiding Evidence in a Toilet Tank and More Strange Police News in North Georgia
- Two Children Left on the Side of the Road in Winder
- Food Crimes of Passion in Barrow County and More Strange Police News in North Georgia
- Winder Resident was Drinking Wine Out of Subway Cup Inside Walmart Before Being Arrested