Seven-Layer Cookie Bars Are a Sweet, Heavenly Treat
If you are watching your sugar, fat or calories, stop reading now.
If loving this is wrong, I don't want to be right.
I have a sweet tooth — maybe two or three of them. The other day, I got a craving and ended up trying a dessert recipe I found on Pinterest. (Note to self: Quit looking at recipes on Pinterest.)
Anyway, this seven-layer cookie recipe is extremely easy to make and incredibly delicious. I wouldn't really call it a cookie recipe, it is more of a candy — a sweet, gooey, chocolately, heavenly candy.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (one stack)
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine graham crackers and butter, press into the bottom of a greased 13x9 casserole dish.
Spread chocolate chips on graham cracker mixture. Then layer butterscotch chips, coconut and chopped nuts (I used pecan halves instead of chopped). Pour sweetened condensed milk over the top.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until coconut is lightly browned and the chocolate and butterscotch chips are melted.
You can try eating this on a treadmill, but I doubt you can burn the calories as fast as you eat them. Don't say I didn't warn you.
You might also enjoy:
- Bacon, Cheese and Cream – Oh Yum!
- A Fast and Easy Chicken Casserole the Whole Family Will Enjoy
- Delicious Creamy Southwestern Chicken in a Crock Pot!
- Think Meatloaf is Boring? Try This Marvelous Recipe
- A Great Dip for Before or After Thanksgiving Dinner
- An Amazingly Simple Southern BBQ Meal With BIG Southern Flavor
About this feature: Dacula Patch Editor Kristi Reed invites you to share your favorite recipes with the Patch community. Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo and you could be the next featured cook.