Registration Now Open for Co-ed Youth Basketball in Auburn
i9 Sports offers special rates for families who sign their players up early for the upcoming winter basketball season.
With its co-ed summer basketball season drawing to a close, the dedicated folks at i9 Sports are already looking ahead to the winter season. Talk about team spirit and a love of the game!
That’s why they’ve already opened registration for the December 2012/February 2013 schedule to pint-sized players ages 5 to 11 as of Dec. 1, in the Auburn area through their easy-to-navigate, online sign-up system.
i9 Sports, a self-professed “exciting alternative to traditional leagues,” boasts features such as:
- Unsurpassed organization and communication
- Emphasis on fun that places kids' needs first
- Focus on basic skills, sportsmanship, team play and fairness
- Convenience — Central locations paired with practices and games on the same day
- Inclusiveness — Everyone plays, every game
- Commitment to safety
Teams are open to both boys and girls, are organized into divisions based on age of the child and will consist of about seven to 10 players each. Practices and games will be held in the gym at Auburn Elementary School from Dec. 1, 2012, through Febr. 9, 2013. No activities will be scheduled from Dec. 22 through 29, 2012. The season consists of an eight-week season beginning with the jamboree. Teams will play six regular season games and one final game. Exact schedules for all leagues are to be determined.
Practices generally last 30 to 45 minutes and are held prior to the game on Saturdays between 9 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. — making this a once-per-week commitment for players, their families and their coaches.
Registration fees include:
- Eight weeks of play, including an opening day "jamboree"
- i9 Sports reversible jersey
- An end-of-season trophy, plus an opportunity to earn a weekly sportsmanship award
- Coaches that are background checked and certified
- Experienced officials at every game
Registration is now open online. Families who register between now and Sept. 27 will receive a discounted rate of just $115. A $5 discount is also available to parents registering additional children after initial registration in the same season. Parents who register their players after Sept. 28 will be subject to the full registration fee of $125. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for the co-ed winter basketball season closes Nov. 8, 2012.
Check back every Monday for a new City Spotlight on Auburn.