Proposal for Old Granite Hotel Site Includes Green Space, Fountain and Parking
The Winder City Council's Planning and Development Committee got a look Thursday at a proposal for the downtown site.
While the Old Granite Hotel is in the process of being demolished, the Winder City Council's Planning and Development Committee was presented a proposal for what could possibly take the structure's place.
The proposal for the site includes a park with a fountain, as well as a dozen parking spaces.
"We’re moving real good on it,” Chalker said.
The city plans to reuse the granite from the structure — should the proposal for a park come to fruition, the granite would be used there.
"The granite is beautiful,” said Edgar, who added the demolition is ahead of schedule but may slow down as crews work toward the structure's north wall.
What would you like to see replace the Old Granite Hotel? Tell us in comments.
Check out Barrow Patch's past coverage of the Old Granite Hotel.
- Demolition of Old Granite Hotel Continues
- Old Granite Hotel Demolition Begins
- Winder Council Approves Bid for Old Granite Hotel Demolition
- Residents Oppose Demolition of Old Granite Hotel
- Old Granite Hotel Demolition to Cost City $200,000
- Winder Historic Preservation Commission Votes in Favor of Old Granite Hotel Demolition
- City Councilman Wants to See Old Granite Hotel Site as Green Space
- Old Granite Hotel Remains Topic in Winder