Weird Crime: Peeping Tom and Fleeing Flasher Separated Only by Distance and Other News
Read unusual police stories from around North Georgia.
The weird police news report might not be good for much, but it can help potentially like-minded people connect.
For instance, a man in Athens accused of being a peeping tom after creeping around an apartment complex looking into windows, and a woman in Sugar Hill accused of flashing her breasts at motorists as she ran away from police. A crack pipe was found in the Athens case; methamphetamine use is suspected in the other.
There are always new ideas for things and ways to steal:
You can remove a Wii game and cell phone accessories from a package so the recipient gets the box in the mail, but not the stuff.
You can break into someone's house and take a bunch of valuables, such as a gun, jewelry and a camera — then for good measure also snatch the victim's shoes.
You can try to sneak $44 of groceries out of a Walmart by distracting a customer and putting the loot into his shopping cart.
Finally, there are novel ways of behaving badly in all walks of life, such as:
- Using padlocks to lock the front gates of an apartment complex so nobody can get in or out.
- Calling the dealer names and getting kicked out of a restaurant after losing a poker hand.
- Trying to hire a hit man to settle a score against a business partner —while already in jail for trying to hire a hit man to settle a score against the same business partner.
- Fleeing police at the scene of a motorcycle accident, after handing over your driver's license so they can find you later.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Dogs Attack Law Enforcement Attempting to Arrest Winder Man
- Key Stuck in Car Ignition Allows Vehicle Theft but Thief Doesn't Get Far
- Barrow Docket Book for Dec. 7-9
- Car Crash in Barrow County Kills Two
- Car Salesmen Brawl over Potential Customer, Woman Licks and Gropes Restaurant Patrons and Thieves Steal Toys from Charity