Are public-private partnerships secretly evil? Are chambers of commerce conspiring with President Obama and the United Nations to destroy the American way of life? Is a mind-control technique known as Delphi being used to brainwash American citizens?
These were arguments presented to Republican state senators last month in a session organized by Sen. Chip Rogers, who is now the outgoing Senate majority leader for Georgia.
Fifty-two minutes of the session (see embedded video) were recorded by a volunteer for the Athens-based Better Georgia organization. The session was led by Field Searcy, whom the Marietta Daily Journal reports was booted from the Georgia Tea Party for promoting conspiracy theories.
Among the highlights of the presentation, according to Mother Jones magazine, was a slide comparing Obama's activities with Josef Stalin and Mao Tse Tung. On a similar plane to Stalin and Mao's actions that "Stripped landowners of property," according to the slide, is Obama's effort to "Encourage public/private partnershps."
Are Georgia state senators using their time well? Tell us what you think in the comments section below.
See More on Patch
- State Rep. Donna Sheldon Plans Run for Congress
- State Representative Considering Run for Paul Broun's Seat in U.S. House of Representatives
- Gambling is Not a Game
- Should Georgia Pass Bill That Loosens Gun Restrictions in Bars, Churches, on College Campuses and in School Safety Zones?
- U.S. Rep. Paul Broun Says Sequestration Will Mean Real Cuts
Most Popular articles
- Winder Man Plots With Wife to Have Himself Murdered
- 911 Caller Reports Naked Woman Armed With Knife Running in Backyard
- Barrow Docket Book: Public Drunkenness, Sexual Battery, Aggravated Assault and Other Charges
- Barrow Docket Book: Computer Pornography, Public Indecency and Harassing Phone Calls
- Barrow Docket Book: Sexual Battery, Burglary and Aggravated Assault