News from Around the Region: Man Dances Naked in Street, Suspects Still at Large after High-speed Chase and Man Treated for Rabies after Cat Attack
Read top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Oconee County Sheriff's deputies Wednesday arrested a Watkinsville man in connection with an incident Sunday in which he had reportedly been dancing naked in the roadway.
According to an incident report, deputies found the man in the intersection of Arrowhead Road and Etowah Court around 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 9.
A deputy wrote in the report that the man "had a chalky, white buildup in the corners of his mouth, ground his teeth, displayed constant twitching and involuntary movement, constricted pupils, elevated heart rate and blood pressure, and inability to tell me what day and time it was."
3 Arrested, 2 Still At-Large After High-Speed Chase — Douglasville Patch
Darius Reid, 21, and Demarquez Mobley, 19, both of Atlanta, and another 16-year-old male juvenile led police on a high-speed case Wednesday afternoon that ended in an Interstate 20 crash, according to Douglasville Police Chief Chris Womack. Three suspects were arrested and two fled on foot.
The suspects were originally spotted in the parking lot of Arbor Place Mall, Womack said. Patrols have been increased for the holidays. The car looked suspicious so officers ran the tag, finding that the car had been reported stolen.
Man Treated For Rabies Exposure — Canton-Sixes Patch
A Cherokee County man is being treated for rabies exposure after he was attacked by a stray cat, officials with the North Georgia Health District said Thursday evening.
According to a press release, the man was attacked on Dec. 1 after responding to sounds of cats fighting outside his home near the intersection of Highway 140/Hickory Flat Highway and Creek Hollow Drive in southeast Cherokee County.
A gray and white cat he fed often was outside his home and started rubbing against the man's legs. The cat suddenly became aggressive and bit him.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News from Around the Region: Man found Dead in Car on 400, 'Cake Boss' Visits Woodstock and Marching Band to Perform Rose Parade Preview
- News from Around the Region: Murder-Suicide, Life Plus 205 Years Jail Sentence and Fatal Crash
- News from Around the Region: Stolen Car Crashes Into Police Cruiser, Student Killed in Accident and Man Tries Again to Have Former Business Partner Killed
- News from Around the Region: Scantily Clad Santas Run for Charity, Dead Body found Behind Shopping Center and Thief Takes Pies from Cracker Barrel
- News from Around the Region this Week for Dec. 3-7