News Around the Region: Waffle House Robbery, Altered Money and Pickaxe-Wielding Burglar
A look at top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Police Seek Waffle House Robber — Buckhead Patch
Atlanta Police are asking for help identifying a man who robbed the Waffle House at 2264 Cheshire Bridge Road earlier this month.
The man entered the restaurant at 2:40 a.m. on Jan. 7, apparently speaking on a cell phone, according to an APD report.
The report says the robber showed a handgun to an employee on duty and demanded cash.
Woman Tries to Pass Altered $5 Bill off As a $100 Bill — Woodstock Patch
The Woodstock Police Department needs the public to help them identify a woman who is wanted for forgery in the first degree.
According to the Woodstock Police Department, the woman on Saturday Dec. 22 allegedly tried to pass a washed $5 bill with the appearance of a $100 bill at Ulta Cosmetics.
Burglar Uses Pickaxe to Break Into Condesa Coffee — East Atlanta Patch
Atlanta police are looking for a man who burglarized the Condesa Coffee shop sometime Wednesday night into Thursday morning — using a pickaxe.
The man, who was caught on video, took an undisclosed amount of cash from the popular coffee and wine shop located at the corner of Boulevard and Freedom Parkway.
Smyrna, Mableton Men Indicted for Child Exploitation — Smyrna-Vinings Patch
Two Cobb County men were indicted by a federal grand jury for child pornography charges stemming from their ordering and receiving videos containing child pornography from a foreign company, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office. One of the offenders was a school bus driver, and the other one was a college instructor.
Jerry Michael Lanier, 51, of Smyrna, is charged with one count of receiving child pornography and one count of possessing child pornography. Lanier was working as a music instructor at the University of West Georgia.
3 Dead, Possible Murder-Suicide in Sandy Springs — Sandy Springs Patch
Three people were found dead inside a home at 52 Brandon Ridge Drive near Brandon Mill and Abernathy Roads, just before 4 p.m., Wednesday.
Sandy Springs Police say it may be a murder-suicide.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News Around the Region: Teacher Charged With Sexual Assault, 'Goat 4 Sale' Commercial Vying for Super Bowl Spot and Man Vows to Send Free, Handwritten Letters
- News Around the Region: Couple Found Guilty of Abusing Elderly Woman, Two Robbed on Georgia Tech Campus and Man Flees from Police
- News Around the Region: Stolen Boat Found in Felon's Yard, One Killed in Shooting and Man Recovering from Multiple Gunshot Wounds
- News Around the Region: DUI Sentencing, Wrong Way Driver and Unexpected Presidential Help
- News Around the Region This Week for Jan. 7-11, 2013