News Around the Region: Suspected Home Intruder Jumps to Death, Multiple Shootings in Two-hour Span and $30,000 Stolen from PTO
A look at top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Suspect Dead After Jumping From Apartment Window — Stone Mountain Patch
A man who was part of a group of home intruders died after jumping from an apartment window in unincorporated Stone Mountain Wednesday.
A victim, Roy Eaddy, was also charged with a felony drug charge.
Three Shootings in Atlanta in a Two-Hour Time Span — East Atlanta Patch
A day after Mayor Kasim Reed joined more than 750 mayors across the country in signing a letter that urged President Barack Obama to push for change in national gun laws, the city was beset by three separate shootings that left one victim dead.
Former Treasurer Pleaads Guilty to Stealing $30,000 From PTO — Cumming Patch
A former Cumming Elementary School PTO treasurer pleaded guilty Wednesday to stealing more than $30,000 from the parent teacher organization and was given a 15-year sentence to serve on probation.
Jamie Garfield, 37, entered a guilty plea to three counts of theft by taking, according to Forsyth Chief Assistant District Attorney Sandra Partridge.
Accused Cartersville High Teacher Fired - Cartersville Patch
The Cartersville High School teacher accused of inappropriately touching a student has been fired as the police investigation continues.
During a called meeting Tuesday, the Cartersville City Schools Board of Education upheld Superintendent Howard Hinesley's recommendation to terminate math teacher Sean McDermott's contract. He had been employed with the system since August.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News Around the Region: Grayson Teen Murdered, Child Threatened in Oconee and Reward Offered for Information on Cartersville Killing
- News Around the Region: Stabbing Goes Unnoticed, Body Found Behind Church and Mask-Wearing Man Scares Day Care Workers
- News From Around the Region: Abandoned Street Dog Travels 6,800 Miles, Snatch and Grab Turns Dangerous and Family Leaps From Burning Home
- News from Around the Region: Car Crashes Into Home, Man Goes Into 'Ape Mode' and Student Accused of Groping Classmate
- News from Around the Region: Man Dances Naked in Street, Suspects Still at Large after High-speed Chase and Man Treated for Rabies after Cat Attack