News Around the Region: 'Friend' Snatches Money from Bra, Pastor No Longer on Inauguration Program and Traffic Stop Ends in Sex Trafficking Arrest
Top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
'Longtime Friend' Snatches $40 out of Woman's Bra — Cartersville Patch
A "longtime friend" snatched $40 from a woman's bra Wednesday at a local motel in what authorities call an alleged strong-arm robbery.
The Guest House resident, 26, told Bartow County Sheriff's Office deputies she was "shocked" when her friend stole her money after hanging out in her room for about 10 minutes, according to the incident report.
Pastor No Longer on Obama Inauguration Program — Buckhead Patch
ABC News Chief White House Correspondent Jonathan Karl first reported on Twitter that Rev. Louie Giglio of Buckhead's Passion City Church has chosen to remove himself from President Barack Obama's inauguration program. Giglio had been selected to deliver the benediction at the event on Jan. 21.
According to tweets from Karl, who was told by an inaugural source, Giglio "pulled himself out when he realized this was going to be a distraction."
President Barack Obama has come under fire for selecting Giglio, who advocated "ex-gay" therapy and fighting the LGBT movement's "aggressive agenda," according to Think Progress.
Man Held on Sex Trafficking Charges — Decatur Patch
The GBI reported Thursday night that a Decatur area man was arrested on sex trafficking charges after a traffic stop on I-20 in South Georgia.
A 17-year-old juvenile female from Birmingham, Ala., was a passenger in the vehicle, and the deputy noticed that the juvenile displayed the indicators of commercial sexual exploitation. The resulting investigation revealed the juvenile had been sold for sexual purposes in four different states since age 12.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News Around the Region: Thieves Smash Stolen Vehicle Into Liquor Store, 200 Jobs Coming to Metro Area and Robber Thwarted by Screaming Woman
- News Around the Region: Longtime Fugitive Dies in Custody, Baby's Death Under Investigation and 'Duck Dynasty' Star to Visit Dacula
- News Around the Region: Robbers Jump Through McDonald's Window, Teen Sentenced to Prison and Same-sex Couples Try to Obtain Marriage Licenses
- News Around the Region: Two Critically Injured in Accident, Officer Struck by Suspected Drunk Driver and Human Remains Found in Wooded Area
- News Around the Region This Week for Dec. 31-Jan. 4