News Around the Region: Former Atlanta Braves Player Arrested, Robbery Victim Kills Attacker and Fog Blamed in Fatal Accident
A look at top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Former Atlanta Braves centerfielder Andruw R. Jones was arrested and charged with battery in a domestic dispute that occurred between he and his wife at their home in unincorporated Duluth early Christmas morning, Gwinnett Police reported.
Gwinnett Police responded to a domestic dispute call at the Jones home about 1:25 a.m. Dec. 25. During the investigation of this call, probable cause was developed to arrest Jones for battery.
Robbery Victim Shoots, Kills Attacker — East Atlanta Patch
Atlanta police arrested a man following the Christmas Eve shooting death of another man in a botched robbery attempt.
Officials charged Roderick Banks, 22, with armed robbery and felony murder. Police said that Banks and the deceased man tried to rob the would-be victim, who pulled out his gun and shot one of his attackers.
Fog Contributing Factor in Fatal Accident — Marietta Patch
A Marietta woman died late Christmas Eve in a two-car collision on Smyrna Powder Springs Road, and Cobb Police say poor weather conditions, including dense fog, were a contributing factor.
Luca Kosic, 46, of Marietta, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident at the intersection of Smyrna Powder Springs Road and Trellis Oaks Drive, according to Cobb Police spokesman Michael Bowman.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News Around the Region This Week for Dec. 17-21
- News Around the Region: Suspected Home Intruder Jumps to Death, Multiple Shootings in Two-hour Span and $30,000 Stolen from PTO
- News Around the Region: Grayson Teen Murdered, Child Threatened in Oconee and Reward Offered for Information on Cartersville Killing
- News Around the Region: Stabbing Goes Unnoticed, Body Found Behind Church and Mask-Wearing Man Scares Day Care Workers
- News From Around the Region: Abandoned Street Dog Travels 6,800 Miles, Snatch and Grab Turns Dangerous and Family Leaps From Burning Home