Unemployment Claims Increase Nationwide More Than Expected over Past Week
Did you know Barrow Patch posts area job openings daily?
Reuters reports that new claims for unemployment benefits increased more than expected last week.
The report says the levels are still consistent with a steady improvement in labor market conditions.
Are you looking for a job? Follow Barrow Patch's Daily Dose for Job Seekers, which features area job opportunities daily. If you know of a business that is hiring, please post the information in the comments section.
"... this probably does not suggest any material change in the pace of job growth given that claims been very volatile since January because of difficulties smoothing the data for seasonal fluctuations," the report reads.
The national unemployment rate was 7.9 percent in January, according to the Bureay of Labor Statistics. A year ago, the unemployment rate was at 8.3, down from 9.1 percent in 2011 and 9.8 percent in 2010.
You might be interested in reading:
- Daily Dose for Job Seekers: Braselton Employer Hiring Director of Customer Service
- Daily Dose for Job Seekers: City of Winder Hiring Meter Reader
- Daily Dose for Job Seekers: Openings in Health Care Support
- Daily Dose for Job Seekers: Opening in Catering Sales
- Daily Dose for Job Seekers: Opening for Part-Time Communications Officer with Barrow County