How You Can Use Barrow Patch: Advertise a Yard Sale
Barrow Patch offers you a free way to reach the community.
Whether you are a homeowner, a church group, a civic organization or a sports team, you can let the community know about your upcoming sale by posting it on our events calendar, for free.
And if you are heading out on the yard-sale circuit, access the locations on your smart phone by downloading the Patch app.
Here’s how to post your garage sale:
- Choose "Events" from the top tool bar on any Patch page. Once on the events page, you can click "Add an Event."
- Give your event a title, such as: “Two-Family Garage Sale”
- Enter a date and time for the event.
- In the "Where" spot, enter the address of the event.
- Add a description letting the community know what the event is for, what items you are selling and anything else you think is relevant.
- Click “Upload Photos and Video” to add some pictures if you have them.
- Choose the “Garage Sale” category for the event.
- You can add a link to the website, contact information, but this information isn't necessary to post the event.
- Click "Post My Event," and it will show up on the events calendar shortly.
Now the whole Barrow Patch community will know about your sale, so you better get busy tagging those items!