Area Colleges Hiring
Patch highlights job openings with the University of Georgia, Athens Technical College and Georgia Gwinnett College.
Several area colleges are hiring. For more information on each position, click the links provided.
The University of Georgia in Athens is hiring for the following positions:
- Administrative associate I, athletic department — Receptionist and staff support person for the front office. Answers emails and phone inquiries, directs visitors, assist the director, program coordinators and academic advisors. High school diploma or GED and two years of progressively responsible office experience required. College graduate with secretarial experience preferred.
- Cashier clerk, Snelling Hall — Receives cash or meal ticket receipts in payment of bills, purchases, admission to events or other services. Verifies negotiability and cashes checks, and processes refunds for returned items. Checks food trays and determines food costs. Balances cash on hand against receipts, may prepare deposits and reconcile cash statements. Graduation from a standard high school, supplemented by experience as a teller or cashier in handling and accounting for large sums of money is required or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Administrative assistant I, parking services — Works as front line cashier to sell permits. High school diploma or GED.
Athens Technical College has the following opening at its Athens campus:
- Cashier — Responsible to the accounting coordinator for the prompt and efficient receipt and deposit of all monies due to the college. High school diploma or equivalent required. Associate degree preferred.
Georgia Gwinnett College in Lawrenceville is hiring for the following jobs:
- Enrollment management associate, financial aid — Responsible for counseling students and parents on their financial aid options. Bachelor's degree required. Fluency in Spanish preferred.
- Director of budget and reporting — A professional management position responsible for the performing the daily tasks of maintaining the college's budget. This position is responsible for the coordination and implementation of the budget to assure compliance with sound budgeting/accounting standards and practice and with applicable policies, regulations and laws. Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in accounting, business administration or a closely related field required.