I like chips and salsa as much as the next person, but sometimes it is nice to have something different. This cucumber dip is cool, creamy and incredibly tasty. I like it with Wheat Thins, but Triscuits are good too. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
Note: This recipe is based on one from the 1989 Great American Brand Names Cookbook.
3 medium cucumbers
1 1/2 packages of cream cheese (I use Philadelphia low fat)
1/2 cup sour cream (I use reduced fat Breakstone's)
1 tbsp. dried dill weed
1 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
1 envelope of Lipton vegetable soup mix
Peel cucumbers, slice lengthwise. Scrape out seeds with spoon and then finely chop cucumber.
Using an electric mixer, combine cream cheese, dill weed, lemon juice and vegetable soup mix until smooth. Add the chopped cucumber, stirring until well mixed.
Serve with crackers. Keep refrigerated.
You might also be interested in reading:
- A Fast and Easy Chicken Casserole the Whole Family Will Enjoy
- Delicious Creamy Southwestern Chicken in a Crock Pot!
- Think Meatloaf is Boring? Try This Marvelous Recipe
- A Great Dip for Before or After Thanksgiving Dinner
- An Amazingly Simple Southern BBQ Meal With BIG Southern Flavor
About this feature: Dacula Patch Editor Kristi Reed invites you to share your favorite recipes with the Patch community. Send your recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a photo and you could be the next featured cook.