Car Crash in Barrow County Kills Two
A vehicle driven by a Winder resident crossed the centerline on Ga. Highway 8 and collided head-on with another vehicle.
An auto accident along Ga. Highway 8 on Monday, Dec. 10, killed two people.
According to the Georgia State Patrol, a 2003 GMC Envoy being driven by Winder resident Kristina Marie Brown was traveling eastbound on Highway 8 about 2:25 p.m. when the vehicle crossed the centerline and collided head-on with a 1992 Honda Accord being driven by Jess Willard Haygood, 80, of Norcross. Haygood and a passenger, Sara Pauline Haygood, age 67, also of Norcross, died in the crash.
Brown was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center for treatment. A blood sample was taken to determine if alcohol or drugs contributed to the crash. Charges are pending the completion of a follow-up investigation by the GSP Specialized Collision Reconstruction Team from Gainesville.
You might also be interested in readiing:
- Barrow Docket Book for Dec. 3-6
- Car Salesmen Brawl over Potential Customer, Woman Licks and Gropes Restaurant Patrons and Thieves Steal Toys from Charity
- Barrow County Firefighter Facing Child Porn Charges Fired
- Truck Believed to Have Been Used in ATM Theft Recovered
- Twins Accused of Burying Body in Winder Backyard Arraigned in Florida Court