Barrow Today: Saturday, Nov. 12
Check out three events happening in or near Barrow today.
No plans for a chilly Saturday morning? Head on over to Winder First United Methodist for this event:
- When and where: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 12, at Winder First United Methodist Church
- Why go: To peruse the offerings of more than 100 arts and crafts vendors during this fifth annual event, a fundraiser for the church's youth group
- Cost: Free to attend
Support a nonprofit organization tonight and enjoy a spaghetti dinner while bidding on various auction items at this event:
- When and where: Dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m., and the auction is set to begin at 7, at the Winder Lions Club
- Why go: To support Barrow Habitat's 14th housing project
- Cost: Dinner tickets are $7 and include spaghetti, salad, bread, a drink and dessert
A much-beloved tradition among Braseltonians, the annual Lighting of the Tree takes place today. Find out more about this annual event in Friday's City Spotlight.
Today's forecast: Sunny, with a high near 66. Calm wind becoming southwest about 5 mph.
Barrow Patch wants to give its readers the opportunity to honor and recognize local veterans who have served our nation. To honor a veteran who you know, post his her or name, branch of service, city of residence and any other information you wish to provide in the comments box under the story you can access through this link. You can also upload a photo of a veteran by clicking the "Submit Your Photos and Videos" icon below the article.
Tonight's forecast: Partly cloudy, with a low about 41. South wind about 5 mph becoming calm.