Local Family Displaced by Sunday Afternoon Fire
The cause of the blaze is under investigation.
One adult and two children were displaced as a result of a home fire Sunday afternoon.
Communication officers with Barrow County Emergency Services received a 911 call reporting the fire at a home on Ryan Drive in Auburn.
“When firefighters arrived we found heavy fire conditions in the attic of the home,” Lieutenant Scott Dakin said in a news release. “The fire was starting to break through the roof of the house as the first engine arrived.”
Engine 4, Engine 5, Ladder Truck 7, Med 4 and Battalion 1 all responded to the scene. Firefighters attacked the fire from the outside to knock the flames down and then entered the home to extinguish the remaining fire.
The cause of the blaze is under investigation by the fire investigation team.
The American Red Cross responded to assist the family, as the home suffered extensive damage as a result of the fire.
You might also be interested in reading more recent police and fire news:
- Bethlehem Resident Charged with Child Molestation
- Weird Police News: Masked Intruders Looking for Weed Escape through Window, Driver Accused of Striking Pedestrian and More
- Several Barrow County Homes Damaged by Fire This Week
- Barrow Docket Book for Feb. 4-7, 2013
- News Nearby: Grayson High School Students Arrested in Shooting Death of 14-year-old