Barrow County Emergency Services Preparing for Possibility of Winter Weather
The department has activated the county's emergency operations center.
Barrow County Emergency Services is already preparing for possible winter weather and the impact that weather could have on Barrow — the county's emergency operations center has been activated.
Personnel in the center will be monitoring the weather and road conditions, coordinating responses to non-emergency calls, collecting information and coordinating with other departments and agencies throughout Barrow County as well as state agencies.
“The National Weather Service is predicting the potential for icy conditions as well as high winds tonight,” Lt. Scott Dakin, public information officer, said in a news release. “With this in mind, the department is already taking steps to prepare for the potential weather and the adverse effects it could have.”
"We are asking citizens to avoid unnecessary travel and to use caution in the morning," Dakin said. "Look for icy conditions on the road including black ice.”
You might also be interested in reading:
- YOUR COMMUTE: DOT Urges 'Ounce of Prevention' Mindset for Friday Morning Travel
- Barrow Docket Book for Jan. 11-13, 2013
- Sheriff's Office Administration Division has Moved
- Winder Resident Dead after Standoff with SWAT Team
- Winder Police Department Welcomes New Staff Member