Auburn is Proactive About Remaining Residents' 'Home Sweet Home'
The city's website provides links for homeowners seeking ways to prevent foreclosure.
With the less than stellar news from a RealtyTrac Foreclosure Market Report released earlier this month indicating Georgia has “leapfrogged past Arizona, Florida, California and Nevada to post the nation’s highest state foreclosure rate in May,” many Georgia towns and cities are concerned with the prospect of losing a percentage of their residents to foreclosure and relocation.
Boasting one of the most user-friendly and comprehensive websites in Barrow County, the city of Auburn once again proves it is ahead of the times thanks to an existing page devoted to “Preventing Foreclosure.” On this page, visitors to the city of Auburn website will find helpful links to websites like:
- MakingHomeAffordable.gov — An official program of the Departments of the Treasury & Housing and Urban Development designed to help homeowners avoid foreclosure, stabilize the country's housing market and improve the nation's economy.
- U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development — HUD has dedicated a special page on its website to teach homeowners all they need to know on the subject of “Avoiding Foreclosure.”
- Freddy Mac — Chartered by Congress in 1970, Freddy Mac has a public mission to stabilize the nation's residential mortgage markets and expand opportunities for homeownership and affordable rental housing. To that end, the website offers a helpful “Avoiding Foreclosure Resource Center” that provides alternatives to foreclosure, tips for working with one’s lender, how to avoid fraud and who to contact for help. Fannie Mae also offers a similar page dedicated to “Avoiding Foreclosure."
If you are in the real estate or banking industry, or if you have recently undergone a foreclosure yourself, we invite you to share your own tips as to how local homeowners can avoid foreclosure. Post in comments below.
You might also be interested in reading stories related to Auburn or incidents that happened there:
- UPDATED: Missing Auburn Woman Found Safe
- Fresh Produce Lovers Sought in Auburn
- Man Says He Let Girlfriend Punch Him to Demonstrate His Love
- Early Morning Fire Displaces Auburn Family
- Barrow County House Hunt for June 20
Have you nominated an Auburn business for a Patch Readers' Choice award yet? Click here to find out how to nominate one now.
Check back every Monday for a new City Spotlight on Auburn.