News from Around the Region: Murder-Suicide, Life Plus 205 Years Jail Sentence and Fatal Crash
Read top stories from Patch sites across Georgia.
Man Kills Wife, Then Himself — Cumming Patch
A married Forsyth County couple who authorities believe were having marital problems were found dead Monday night in an apparent murder-suicide, according to the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office.
Investigators said a 65-year-old man called 911 around 9:40 p.m. and told the dispatcher that he had killed his 66-year-old wife with a .357 Magnum gun. He then told the dispatcher that he was going to leave the front door unlocked and was going to kill himself.
Teen Gets Life Plus 205 Years — Cartersville Patch
A Superior Court judge this morning handed down a life-plus sentence to a teen found guilty of attacking three women last year.
Cherokee Judicial Circuit District Attorney-elect Rosemary Greene said Jerry Jerome Kilgore, 18, received a sentence of life plus 205 years to be served in state prison.
Kilgore, who was charged with raping one woman and attempting to sexually assault another, was already was in law enforcement custody when in September 2011, he was charged in connection with two home invasions. He previously had been arrested in connection with a robbery and assault at Pine Grove Church.
Woman Killed in Possible Gang Shooting in Norcross Area — Norcross Patch
A woman was shot and killed in unincorporated Norcross early Sunday in what police believe was an incident related to criminal street gang activity.
The woman, identified as 21-year-old Malia Arianne Ross-Robinson, was shot at 4161 Phil Niekro Parkway off Beaver Ruin Road around 4:15 a.m. on Dec. 9. She was transported to a local hospital where she died from her injuries, according to a news release from Gwinnett County Police spokesman Cpl. Jake Smith.
You might also be interested in reading:
- News from Around the Region: Stolen Car Crashes Into Police Cruiser, Student Killed in Accident and Man Tries Again to Have Former Business Partner Killed
- News from Around the Region: Scantily Clad Santas Run for Charity, Dead Body found Behind Shopping Center and Thief Takes Pies from Cracker Barrel
- News from Around the Region this Week for Dec. 3-7
- Around the Region: Movie Filming in Metro Area, Boy Seriously Injured in Accident and Human Error Blamed for Carbon Monoxide Leak
- Around the Region: High Tech Peeping Tom Sought, School Paraprofessional Arrested and Robbery Suspect Shot