Around the Region: Fiery Ferrari Crash Injures Two, Facebook ‘Friend’ Sends Nude Pics and Man Kills Fox that Attacked Worker, Dogs
A look at top Patch stories from around Georgia.
Police Identify Victims in Fiery Car Crash — Alpharetta Patch
Two victims involved in an Oct. 19 single-vehicle accident that closed Webb Bridge Road at Big Creek near North Point Parkway have been identified.
The driver of the vehicle was identified as Akshay Panducherry, 18, of Alpharetta. The passenger was identified as Harshavardhan Patlolla, 21, also of Alpharetta.
A red Ferrari was traveling eastbound on Webb Bridge Road at a high rate of speed when it left the roadway, narrowly missing the bridge at Big Creek, said Alpharetta Department of Public Safety spokesman George Gordon.
An Athens woman accepted a Facebook friend request from a stranger, then was surprised when nude pictures of herself started arriving in messages, according to an Athens-Clarke County Police report.
The Facebook user started messaging the woman at 10 a.m. Thursday after she accepted the friend request. The user then began sending messages with nude pictures of the woman who filed the report. The user told the woman she would only explain how she got the pictures if the woman gave her more.
Fox that Attacked Man, Dogs in Forsyth Killed — Cumming Patch
The fox that attacked a grounds maintenance worker and bit two dogs earlier this week in the Hampton subdivision in north Forsyth was killed by a man in that community, authorities said.
The man, whose name was not released, contacted the Forsyth County Sheriff's Office Friday saying he killed the fox that attempted to attack his dogs. Not knowing that an alert had been issued regarding the fox possibly being rabid, the man disposed of the wild animal before it could be recovered by the sheriff’s office. This was the same day the fox had attacked the grounds worker and dogs.
Atlanta Beer Week Under Way — Midtown Patch
The third annual Atlanta Beer Week presented by Savannah Distributing Company kicked off Saturday, Oct. 20 and features citywide beer events through Saturday, October 27.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Around the Region this Week for Oct. 15-19
- Around the Region: Fox Attacks Man and Dogs, 12-year-old Thwarts Home Invasion and Worker Robbed at Gunpoint by Bandana Wearing Thieves
- Around the Region: Police Pursuit Ends in Crash, Woman Finds Burglars in Yard and Suspect Sought in Sexual Assaults
- Around the Region: Abducted Toddler Now Safe, Inmate Gets More Time after Robbing Fellow Inmate and Crime Prevention Cameras Coming to Midtown
- Around the Region: Car Cut in Half After Hitting Trees, Man Says He Accidentally Shot Wife in Head and Fight Breaks out at Oconee County IHOP