Around the Region: Cars Stacked in Wreck, Police Impersonators Invade Home and Cotton Mill Arsonists Sentenced
Check out these top Patch stories from around Georgia.
Cars Stacked in Wreck, No Injuries Reported — Stone Mountain Patch
A white Saturn crashed into and slid under a Dodge Stratus in an accident on N. Hairston Road near Memorial Drive Wednesday early afternoon. Amazingly, no one was hurt in the bizarre-looking wreck that even stunned firefighters.
H. Trotty said he's seen a lot of different types of accidents in his nearly 16 years with DeKalb County fire department, including cars that have gone under big trucks, but for a car "to go under the same size car? That's a first," he said.
Police Impersonators Carry Out 'Violent' Home Invasion — Cartersville Patch
Bartow County sheriff's authorities are investigating a "violent" home invasion by a man and woman wearing shirts that read "POLICE" in big letters, according to the press release.
Sheriff Clark Millsap said deputies and investigators responded to the 1:44 p.m. call to 911 from a Cottage Walk home in Cartersville.
The homeowner told authorities his wife and infant were at the home when the African-American man and Caucasian woman knocked on the door, then used zip ties to restrain the wife and took items from the home.
No Hard Time for Teens Who Burned Down Cotton Mill — Douglasville Patch
Three teenagers were sentenced Wednesday afternoon for their roles in destroying a historic Douglasville cotton mill last May, according to Andrew Agan, director of community relations for the Douglas County DA's Office.
Adrian Bond, 19, Terry Carringer, 19, and Jeromie Hand, 18, were sentenced to 60 to 120 days in a probation detention center and seven years of probation after each pleaded guilty to charges of burglary and second-degree arson, reported Agan in an email.
The sentencing also requires each defendant to perform 100 hours of community service, submit to drug and psychological evaluations, attend counseling sessions and have no contact with each other.
You might also be interested in reading:
- Around the Region: Police Release Video of Murder Suspect, Waffle House CEO Admits to Consensual Sex and Teacher Accused of Inappropriate Contact With Student
- Around the Region: Cop Cab Combats Drinking and Driving, 'Cake Boss' to Visit Woodstock and Cemetery Vandalism Investigated
- Around the Region: News Anchor Arrested for DUI, Thieves Target Catalytic Converters and Bones of Missing Veteran Identified
- Around the Region this Week for Nov. 5-9
- Around the Region: Accusations Against Waffle House CEO, $100K Fine for Trafficking Marijuana and School Resource Officer Struck by Student’s Vehicle