Auburn to Offer Tennis Program for Children and Adults
The city is launching its summer youth and adult tennis program through the parks and leisure department.
The city of Auburn is pleased to announce it has two summer sessions on the calendar for a new tennis program, offered through the city’s parks and leisure department.
The two sessions are scheduled for Monday evenings, June 4 through 25 and July 2 through 23. All classes will be taught by Professional Tennis Registry-certified instructor Josh Honea at the City of Auburn Tennis Courts behind City Hall. Classes are broken into three divisions based on age, and include:
- Little Tennis (ages 4 to 8 years): For beginning players with little to no experience. This will introduce pint-sized players to the game of tennis in a fun lesson format. Sessions will be hosted from 5 to 6 p.m.
- Developmental Tennis (ages 9 to 12 years): Perfect for junior players with some experience, these classes will include further development of basic strokes and techniques with drills and games. Sessions will be hosted from 6 to 7 p.m.
- Competitive Tennis (ages 13 and older): This class is perfect for players of all abilities who wish to strive towards higher level of play through competition. Classes will be hosted from 7 to 8 p.m.
Registration for all three divisions and both sessions is due May 31. The fee is $30 per session. To register for group sessions or to learn more about this fun new offering in Auburn, please contact either of the following:
- PTR-certified Instructor Josh Honea via e-mail at TennisWithJosh@gmail.com or via phone at 770-547-8647
- City of Auburn Parks and Leisure Director Gary Schussler via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone at 770-963-4002
Recently, Auburn has brought tennis, baseball and softball to its youth programming through the parks and leisure department. What other sports would you like to see offered in Auburn? Tell us in comments.
Check back every Monday for a new City Spotlight on Auburn.